Monday, November 22, 2010

meditation

I read a lot of magazines and some of the information sticks with me. For some reason an article about how a woman finally got in the habit of flossing her teeth pops into my head regularly. she finally got in the habit by putting floss everywhere, in her car, in her bedroom, in her office, lunch box etc. She let go of the idea that the only time she could floss her teeth was after she had brushed her teeth and suddenly she was flossing every day.

I am trying to do this with my meditation practice. Take a deep breath in my car before going into work, meditating for 10 minutes after dinner. If I can't go back to sleep sit for a few minutes before starting my day. The goal is to be mindful at all times. The intentional sitting and focusing on your breath is a tool, a way of letting go and just being so that you can see life more clearly. We'll see how this works.



Here I am taking a moment in my new apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment